This recipe was originally in Taste of Home magazine in March 2014, but my dear friend Stephanie took it and adapted it. It’s her version that I am sharing since she’s a great cook. Stephanie makes it with the noodles, but it would taste great with rice as well.
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
16 oz packages of thick-cut Asian rice noodles
1 lb. chicken, cut in thin strips
1 1/2 cups julienned carrots
1 medium sweet red pepper
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups pea pods
1 (or more) garlic cloves
1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts (for garnish)
4 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Cilantro and lime wedges, garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients until blended. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. In a large skillet, cook chicken, garlic, carrots, pepper, mushrooms and pea pods over medium heat, 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
3. Stir in peanut butter mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Serve sauce with noodles (or rice) and top with chopped peanuts, green onions, lime wedges and cilantro.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Fancy Pants Chicken Casserole
- Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Cranberry Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad like the Cheesecake Factory
- Mediterranean Chicken – Slow cooker recipe
- Easy BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
- Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
- White Chicken Chili
- Baked Wine Chicken Casserole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Curry
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole