They’re not kids, but they’re not teens. They are tweens and they are hard to shop for. I’ve put together a list of gifts that tweens are sure to enjoy. I will be updating this list as I find more things tweens will like, so far I have found 35!
25 Gifts for Tween Girls or Tween Boys
Gifts for Tweens:
- Night Light Bluetooth Speaker: This speaker does it all. It’s a Bluetooth speaker, touch sensor lamp, digital alarm clock, and MP3 Player that can be used for hands-free Calls.
- Master Chef Junior Cookbook: Tweens are plenty old enough to be cooking and chances are high they’ve watched this show.
- Bluetooth Karaoke: The PopSolo Microphone is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device, including iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. It is designed with a built-in retractable smartphone holder, which will securely hold devices in place with screens up to 6” wide so you can always see the lyrics to your songs.
- Bluetooth Headphones: Any tween will appreciate a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
- Iridescent Pineapple Backpack: Tweens can always find use for a cute backpack.
- Monopoly Fortnite: Why play regular Monopoly when you can play Fortnite Monopoly?
- Spontuneous: A song game. Simple party game to play for all ages and musical tastes. A word is given and it’s a race to blurt out any song containing that word.
- Ride-On Carry-On Suitcase: Fashionable and handy, this suitcase transforms into a leg rest or in-flight bed for kids to keep them comfy when you’re at cruising altitude.
- Bluetooth Shower Speaker: Tweens are all about their music.
- Popsocket: No phone is complete without a pop socket.
- Bath Bombs: A set of bath bombs is perfect for a tween you have no idea what to give them.
- Waterproof Camera: Active tweens will appreciate a camera that can take anywhere. We’ve had this camera for years and it’s held up really well.
- Mermaid Tail Blanket: These are so cozy and cute.
- Pom Beanie: An adorable winter hat is always useful.
- Nintendo Switch Lite: A gaming system is always highly appreciated.
- Catan: This is a super fun game. My kids always beat me at it.
- Mini Basketball Hoop: My son has one of these and loves it.
- Wreck this Journal: “Smith’s journal is about destruction, asking readers to poke through pages, submerge them, attach photos and then deface them, and essentially revel in our ‘mistakes.’ The finished product—crumpled pages and sometimes doubled in size—is itself a masterpiece.” —BuzzFeed, Journals That Will Give Your Brain A Workout.
- Gaming Headset: It seems like these days all tweens are gamers and they will appreciate a nice gaming headset.
- Nail Polish Set: Simple beauty products make great gifts.
- Star Wars LEGO Set: These days no kid is too old for Star Wars.
- Initial Necklace: Cute jewelry is always a win with tween girls.
- Unstable Unicorns Game: We play this game all the time. It’s super silly. Make sure you do not get the “adult” version.
- S’well Water Bottle: You can use these for hot or cold beverages.
- Programmable Robot: STEM Educational Engineering Design & Build 3 in 1 Programmable Robotic System Kit.
11 More Gifts Tweens Will Love
Great for beginners, the Pogo Trick Board from Flybar® takes kids from simple bouncing and bopping fun to freestyle skateboard-like tricks as it strengthens their core and coordination. The sturdy grip tape and textured logo deck top provide a skid-resistant support for better balance. The rugged, high-bouncing inflatable ball can be adjusted in size to control the level of difficulty. Dual handles make it easy to perform cool tricks and carry the lightweight board anywhere. Safe to use on most outdoor surfaces, including grass, this trick board can also be used for straight forward bouncing indoors. Made of a durable, hardened polymer. Includes air pump and 2 pins. For ages 6+. Weight limit: 160 lbs.
Flipside is a handheld electronic pattern and a color memorization game with a unique twist-and-slide feature that allows players to challenge themselves and their friends with four modes of play. Players must flip and slide the colored blocks around the center screen so that each brightly-colored cube matches with the corresponding center lights. ($19.99, ages 8+)
GOtrio is a travel-size version of Otrio and can be played by 3 people. This game is an elaborate version of tic-tac-toe that fits conveniently into your backpack or carry-on bag for hours of fun with family and friends. The see-through case snaps tight and stores the game grid and pieces until your next game. This game costs $9.99.
You really can’t go wrong with video games, cause let’s face it, that’s all they seem to want to do. Here are some my kids love and recommend.
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack
Starlink Battle for Atlas is a game that’s a good fit for the child gamer who is at an age between kiddy video games and older, teen video games. With the open-world play and challenges that older kids love, your child will not get bored with this game – there is so much to do! It’s a contained environment that’s safer for kids with a variety of challenges and adventures that kids and gamers are looking for, but without the unsafe interactions that are common in other open-world games.
In the game, you can travel seamlessly through the exotic alien worlds of the Atlas star system and discover its seven unique planets, each with its own ecosystem, wildlife, and secrets to uncover. The world evolves depending on the player’s actions and choices and continues to evolve even when you aren’t around.
Each Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack includes a controller mount, which allows you to connect your starship and pilot your controller. Mix and match weapons, pilots, and starships and watch the seamless transition happen in-game. This game is available at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon for $74.99.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (E for Everyone) This is one of the hottest games on the market, that literally anyone can play. All three of my kids love the previous one and they can play it with their friends since it’s an eight-player game.
doTerra Kids Collection
By the time your kid is a tween, chances are high, they have become more aware of their bodies and this is the perfect time to introduce them to essential oils. The doTERRA Kids Collection is the complete and ready-made “whole body” essential oil toolbox. Formulated specifically for developing minds, bodies, and emotions, these essential oil blends feature unique combinations therapeutically balanced to provide powerful benefits while being gentle on delicate skin. The kit includes 6 oil rollers:
- Thinker: This is the perfect go-to when it’s time to pay attention and concentrate.
- Calmer: Rolling Calmer onto the bottoms of feet and the back of the neck helps to create a stress-free mood when tensions are high.
- Stronger: This evokes feelings of wellness and vitality when needed most.
- Rescuer: Use this for a relaxing sensation and to reduce feelings of tension for growing, tired legs.
- Steady: Use this to soothe feelings of stress or anxiousness.
- Brave: Tweens can reset when experiencing feelings of doubt and stress by rolling Brave onto the back of your neck and pulse points.
Kano Make Your Own Computer
Kano is a build-it-yourself computer that is a learn-to-code tool and a fun way to make, play and express your creativity with technology, and not just consume it. It costs $149.99.
- Compatible with any HDMI-compatible TV or monitor.
- Includes over 150 hours of ready-made projects that teach you how to code, including art, animations, games, and step-by-step coding challenges. You can also use Scratch, Codeacademy, or other supported third-party apps to improve your coding skills.
- 100 step-by-step challenges and tutorials guide kids as they learn to code and begin to understand loops, variables, and logic
- Share your creations on Kano World, and then play and remix/hack games created by friends
- Perfect for beginners of all ages to get creative with technology, understand how it works, and not just consume it.
Funny, mismatched socks are always a hit with tweens. And if they do not need to match, laundry day gets a lot easier! PalsSocks! are $12.99 a pair.
RC Mech Cannon
The RC Mech Robo Cannon is a cannon that you can drive around and shoot stuff. It’s super fun!
If you want a non-electronic toy to give to your kids, I highly recommend the TrueBalance wooden toy. We got it over a year ago and we keep in on the living room table. Even after all this time, we play with it once a day!