The kids and I travel all the time, so we’ve used more travel items than most. Over the years there have been some things we liked and so we didn’t. I’ve put together a list of all our favorite travel gear in hopes I can help you make the best purchase for your own family.
My Favorite Travel Gear:
- Best Travel Back Pack
- Customizable Luggage
- Luggage Scale
- Ricardo Elite Roxbury 2.0 Small Carry on Suitcase – I carried this same hard-sided suitcase for over 3 years before it cracked a little for so much use. I travel multiple times a month and I’m hard on suitcases. I was so impressed at how well it held up I replaced my old one with a new one just like it!
- Mickey Mouse Suitcase by American Tourister – This has been Eden’s go to suitcase for years! It’s hard-sided and expands a lot.
- Jewelry holder perfect for traveling! I will never not travel with out a jewelry holder again. It’s so nice to never lose jewelry pieces and never have them break.
- Motion Sickness Band If you suffer from motion sickness this is a fantastic option. I wear mine all the time because I have motion sickness so bad I get it on planes.
Travel necessities for Parents
- Inflatable life jacket for kids – never put yourself in a situation where you do not have a life jacket when you need one!
- 6 Travel Items Parents need
- DJI Mavic Pro Drone
- GoPro – I enjoy using a GoPro so much we have four now, one for each of us!
- Sony A6300 Mirrorless Camera
- Panasonic Lumix ZS60 – This is the point and shoot camera I use for when I want to carry a small camera instead.
- Omso Mobile – My videos were always too shaky until I started using this. 100% improvement!
- Photography dome made by Telesin – If you’ve ever wondered how people capture what’s happening above and under water at the same time, this is how they do it.
- The PhotoStick – It’s tiny and stores lots of videos and photos. This ensures I do not run out of room on my computer while we are traveling.
Travel Tech Products I USE!
- 9 tech products I always travel with
- Mophie Cell Phone Case & Juice Pack
- Thinium Wall Charger
- Portable Wifi
Travel Products Freshen Up at the Airport
- Wisp throw away the toothbrush
- Mouth Spray
- Peppermint Body Wipe
- Travel size Dry Shampoo
- Makeup Removing Wipes
Travel Products Just for the Kids
Random Travel Products:
- Panasonic Home Monitoring System – This allows you to watch your house from anywhere in the world.
- Nest Hello – Allows you to monitor who rings your doorbell or comes onto your front porch.
- Nest Yale Lock – This keyless entry system allows you to unlock your door from anywhere in the world and set access codes for house sitters.
- Cortisone 10 for bug bites and sunburn
- Hiking Gear
Travel Items to Help with Sleeping
- Philips DreamStation – Do not drag around a large sleep apnea machine, instead get a DreamStation by Philips. This is a light weight CPAP machine and will take up hardly any space in your suitcase.
- Serenity® Restful Blend – If you have trouble falling asleep and do not want to take a prescription pill this is a great choice.
- Melatonin – Also, used to help you fall asleep.
- White Noise App – I have a free white noise app we use to help block out noise on flights and in hotel rooms. I use the Relax Melodies and set it to white noise and slow waves.
- Pillow Pet – My kids go to pillows for the airplane and road trips are their Pillow Pets. They fold up well to accommodate odd spaces.
- Sleeping Mask – At this point I use a cheap sleeping mask on the plane, in hotel rooms, during road trips, and at home. These are somewhat easy to lose, I recommend keeping the sleeping masks they hand out on overnight flights.