I am a huge fan of waterparks and I must say Disney World’s Typhoon Lagoon did not disappoint. It has everything that you need for an excellent day including a kids area, lazy river, wave pool, tube slides, body slides, and a water coaster.
What I loved about Discovery Cove:
- They had an extensive kiddie water park with sand to play in and tube rides for small children.
- There is so much to do with a large wave pool, body slides, snorkeling, a lazy river, tube slides and more.
- Wave pool – I know I already mentioned the wave pool, but it is massive and according to my children the best wave pool in America.
- Free Life Jackets – You can bring your own life jackets for the kids, but there is really no need to, because they offer kids life jackets for free. You pick them up in the same area you would get a locker.
- Bring your own food and cooler – You can bring in a full size cooler. Unlike the other Disney parks where you can only bring in soft sided coolers, there are no restrictions on them here. We took in a large hard sided cooler filled with food, because we knew we were be there all day.
- Bring in a stroller – We took our stroller for the baby to take his nap in. We found a spot in the sand near the kiddie area and set up for the day!
Kid’s area at Typhoon Lagoon
Includes a large ship where you can spray water at people, tunnels, and tube slides just for kids, tiny slides on a splash pad and soft things to climb on.
Snorkel Zone at Typhoon Lagoon
Something unique that I had never seen at a water park, was the snorkeling area. If you do not have snorkel gear with you do not worry, because you can check out goggles and snorkels for free. The water is quite cold, because there are sting rays and sharks in there! That’s right you get to swim with sharks! (Sadly, I have heard that they are going to remove this area. As of our last visit April 2016 it was still running.)
This is a picture of the bottom of one of the bigger tube slides.There are two large tube rides and a family tube ride.
Random tidbits about Typhoon Lagoon:
- You can pay to surf in their wave pool early in the morning.
- The lazy river has smaller tubes for children.
- If it rains everyone leaves. Wait it out and you will have the water park all to yourself!
Oh and whatever you decide to eat here be sure to get some of Joffrey’s Mini donuts. This will be the best Disney World snack you have ever had! (Well maybe?) These mini donuts are delicious and you can get white chocolate, chocolate, or raspberry dipping sauce. We eat 2 or 3 dozen every time we visit.